Video script copywriters
Polished, professional, precise
Script writing is a very specialised skill. It’s a completely different beast to other sorts of copywriting because:
- a script has to be read aloud;
- it can’t be easily changed once it’s been produced;
- even the smallest problems in a script stand out like a sore thumb to customers;
- a script copywriter has to have an intimate awareness of the accompanying visuals, music and sound effects; and
- the timing has to be perfectly precise.
In practice, this means your video script writer must possess an impeccable mastery of the subtleties of spoken English. For example, because people speak much less formally than they write, they expect spoken scripts to be very conversational. But at the same time, they’ll notice immediately if the tone, enunciation, intonation and emphasis don’t match your brand and convey credibility, authority and trustworthiness.
It also means a script writer has to be able to offer more than just the script itself. The visuals, music and sound effects are generally driven by the script, so your writer has to plan – or at least suggest – the flow of all three, and ensure the timing of that flow matches the timing of the voiceover.
It’s a very delicate balance.
In other words, it’s not something you want to trust to just any old cowboy. You need a copywriter with a proven scriptwriting track record.