We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of all Personal Information We collect during the conduct of our business. In relation to managing Personal Information, We abide by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In situations where You personally provide us with your Personal Information, We shall imply your consent to Our collection on the basis that We have informed You herein what Personal Information will be recorded and for what purposes.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that relates to an individual who can be directly or indirectly identified. We recognise that Personal Information is sensitive and that the provision of such information is an act of trust.
What Personal Information We collect, and why.
Personal Information is collected about You only in the following situations. Click a link below to jump ahead and learn more.
- When You visit Our Website
- When You Subscribe to Our blog
- When You Comment on one of Our blog posts
- When You Contact Us directly
When You visit Our Website
We use Google Analytics to provide analytics about the traffic to Our Website.
When You visit Our Website, if You don’t have cookies turned off in Your web browser, Google Analytics will create and save a number of small text files, called ‘cookies’, on Your computer.
These cookies contain the following general information about You:
- A unique identifier
- When You visited Our Website
- How long You remained on Our Website
- Which pages You visited
- How long You remained on each page
- What country and city You are located in
- What device, operating system, browser and screen resolution You are on
- What link You clicked on to get to Our Website
Google collects this information and combines it with the information it collects about all Our other Website visitors.
It then sends Us this aggregated (anonymous) data.
This data helps Us better understand Our Website visitors, which in turn enables Us to more effectively market Our Products and Services to them.
IMPORTANT: Google doesn’t send Us any information that can be used to personally identify You.
When You Subscribe to Our blog
The blog subscribe form on Our website saves the following information about You to a third-party service called MailChimp:
- Your email address
We need Your email address so that We can send You emails containing notifications about new blog posts, as requested.
When We subsequently publish a new blog post, We will send You an email with a link to that post. When this happens, MailChimp records the following information about You:
- What blog post notification emails We send You, and when
- Which of those emails You open, and when
- Whether You click a link in any of those emails, which link and when
- Your language
- Your city and country
- Your email client
The above information is securely and indefinitely stored in MailChimp.
When You Comment on one of Our blog posts
When You post a comment on Our blog, if You don’t have cookies turned off in Your web browser, WordPress (Our blog management system) will save cookies on Your computer.
These cookies contain the following information about You:
- The name You enter when adding Your comment
- The email address You enter when adding Your comment
- Your comment
This is purely a convenience for You, so that You won’t need to re-type all Your information again when You want to leave another comment.
These cookies are set to expire a little under one year from the time they’re set.
The above information is also saved directly to WordPress. (i.e. We can see Your name and email address associated with any comment You post on Our blog.) Only Your name and comment are publicly visible on Our blog.
When You Contact Us directly
If You email (either directly or by submitting a form on Our Website), call or otherwise directly contact Us, We may collect the following information about You:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your website URL
- Your business address
- Your query, and any information You send or provide to Us (including the information detailed here)
- Any files you send or provide to Us
- Your deadline
- Information about how You found Us
- Your signature on Your Approval of Quote form
- Details of the fees You paid for Our Products and/or Services
- All correspondence
We collect and indefinitely store this information in order to understand and meet Your needs.
Depending on how You contact Us, and what files and information You supply, We store this information in Gmail, Google Drive, Smartsheet, and a backup tool called afi.ai.
We may also have an internal discussion about your project on Slack, so some of your information may be stored there.
- Learn more about cookies…
- Read Google Analytics’ Terms and Privacy information…
- Learn more about WordPress cookies…
How to request, change or erase stored Personal Information
To find out what Personal Information about You We have stored, or to ask Us to change or erase Personal Information about You, please email Our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Information we can erase
Upon receipt of Your written request, We can delete:
- all Personal Information about You stored in Our MailChimp account.
- Your comment from Our blog (including all record of You and Your comment in WordPress).
Information we CANNOT erase
We don’t receive any Personal Information about You from Google Analytics, so there’s nothing to erase on that front.
Unless individually agreed with You in writing, We are unable to erase any information You provide to Us when You Contact Us directly. I.e. If You email (either directly or by submitting a form on Our website), call or otherwise directly contact Us.
Why can’t We erase this information?
We can’t erase this information because it is required for taxation, legal and/or business maintenance purposes. For example, we need it to:
- Prove the accuracy of the information We supplied about Our Products and/or Services, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Ensure We provide consistent information about Our Products, Services and/or pricing to different people within the same organisation.
- Develop an enduring, enterprise-wide understanding of the needs of Our market, and the most accurate and effective responses to common information requests. Your request and Our response are important to that understanding. Moreover, Our response constitutes valuable intellectual property to Our business, and can only be properly understood if considered within the context of Your business details and original request.
- Keep a record of any price We quote to You and Your organisation for Our Products and/or Services, along with any information associated with this quote (e.g. proposed solutions). This combination of quote and information constitutes valuable intellectual property to Our business, and can only be properly understood if considered within the context of Your business details and original request.
- Prove You engaged Us to deliver Our Products and/or Services, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Prove that We met Your stated needs and satisfied the brief You supplied, should that ever be questioned at a later date.
- Meet our reporting obligations under Australian taxation law.
How We store and secure Your Personal Information
We have multiple security measures in order to avoid the loss, misuse and alteration of Your personal information and make sure it is under our control. The personal data We keep are stored on a server located in Australia. This server is located in a controlled facility and only authorised personnel have access to the database of Personal Information. We have also set up a high security-level firewall so that We can keep your personal data secure.
All Silver Pistol staff are trained in the importance of keeping Personal Information confidential, and only those staff who are required to process, use or change Personal Information have access to it.
All Personal Information stored by Us is also backed up, off-site. Likewise the Personal Information stored by Our technology partners is secured, regularly backed up and protected with organisational measures (e.g. staff training, risk assessment, reviews and audits).
We regularly review Our privacy obligations and measures.
This Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales of Australia (“Territory”) and the parties submit all disputes arising between them to the courts in the State of New South Wales and any court competent to hear appeals from those courts of first instance.
- “Personal Information” is any information that relates to an individual who can be directly or indirectly identified.
- “Products” means the copy, designs, wireframes, sitemaps, websites, apps, software and any other deliverables enquired about or commissioned by You and created by Silver Pistol;
- “Services” means the work involved in creating the “Products”, and includes, but is not limited to requirements analysis, information gathering, planning, style identification, writing, editing, design, coding, testing and project management;
- “We”, “Us” and “Our” means Divine Write Copywriting Pty Ltd trading as Silver Pistol;
- “You” and “Your” means the user of the Website and/or the enquirer about / purchaser of the Products or Services, who is of legal age in the country of use.
- “Website” means the Silver Pistol website, www.silverpistol.com.